Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Department of Artificial Intelligence has been established with the mission to provide students a base for development of systems that can exhibit behavior typically associated with human cognition, such as perceiving, learning, communicating, and reasoning, making decisions, and acting in a physical and social environment.
Department is involved in research on several domains like software engineering, image processing, pattern recognition, Adhoc Network and other emerging field. Our department has a three-sided mission: to create knowledge, to disseminate knowledge, and to provide service to our society. The department has a relaxed and informal atmosphere-which we cherish. All the faculty members are expert of their domains and are always there for students. The faculty is highly motivated, enthusiastic and easily approachable.
The Department infrastructure is well furnished with all facility like 24 hours internet connectivity (both Ethernet and Wi-Fi), printer and well equipped Class rooms LED Projector, Centralized AC and Internet.
Computer Center: The department has start-of-art labs covering needs for all domains of this course. Following are the salient features of lab:
- Computer Center for Tech skill development and Online Examination Center Partner with TCS, APTech, SIFT, NSEIT, Merittrac etc.
- Well-equipped Computer Center with Server Room, Smart Lab, Centralize A/C and CCTV monitoring.
- 2000+ computers in Computer Center, equipped with latest Hardware Configuration (6 Generations Processor, Wi-Fi, Ethernet), Operating System (Win XP, 7, 8, Linux, Ubuntu) and Software Installation.
- 16 Computer labs.
- Online UPS power backup for all computer center.
Tech Skill Laboratory:
- Software Skill development Cell (SDC)- ASP. Net, PHP, Android OS, Big Data, Hadoop.
- Advance Programming (C++,C#, Java) Lab
- Computer Based Numerical Statistics & Technique (Matlab) Lab
- Data Structure & Algorithm (C, C++) Lab
- Object Oriented Programming (C++, J2SE, J2EE) Lab
- Operating System (Win XP, Win 7, Linux, Ubuntu) Lab
- Database Management System (SQL, Oracle, Weka) Lab
- Network Programming (C,C++,Python) Lab
- Internet Programming (J2SE, Python) Lab
- Computer Graphic (Matlab, R Tool ) Lab
- Web Technology (HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML, PHP) Lab
- Script Programming (Python, Prolog) Lab
- Computer Society of India (CSI), Student Chapter Branch at KIT Varanasi.
- Apart from Central Library, one dedicated Departmental library having around 100 text and reference books.
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)
Course : Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
4-Year Regular Program
Intake : 120