About Department of Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical engineering is an engineering discipline that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It is the branch of engineering which deals with the generation and application of heat and mechanical power and the design, production and operation of machines and tools.It is one of the oldest and broadest engineering disciplines.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, KIT offers the following programs:
BTech - Mechanical Engineering – Intake 60 ( 4 YEAR REGULAR PROGRAM)
Diploma- Mechanical Engineering (Production)- Intake 60 ( 3 YEAR REGULAR PROGRAM )
- Department of Mechanical Engineering prepares students from day 1 from the industry point of view and enforces practice-based teaching.
- Students are given experiential learning and taught about latest advancements in the field of Mechanical Engineering through guest lectures, industry visits and, workshops.
- As a student of KIT, you will be skilled at industry-specific software like AUTO CAD, MATLAB, SOLID WORKS, CREO/Pro-E, CNC Simulation etc..
- Our curriculum is industry-endorsed and rigorously designed to help you acquire the right skills.
- You will get the chance to be a part of international car design and hybrid vehicle design competitions like Effi-cycle, Asian Solar Challenge, Go-Kart, etc.
Classes of Mechanical Engineering Department run on the first floor of B-Block. It has well equipped air-conditioned classrooms, projectors & can comfortably seat up to 120 students. Classrooms of Mechanical engineering department are well equipped with premium audio systems which improve speech intelligibility, comprehension and retention through proper engineering. The classrooms have space enough to conduct some in-class group activities to enhance student interaction and confidence.
- Manufacturing Processes Lab
- Design and Simulation Lab
- Thermodynamics Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- Refrigeration & Air – conditioning Lab
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing Lab
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Characterisation of Metals, Alloys and Composite materials
- Machining of Metals, Alloys and Composite materials
- Heat Treatment of Metals
- Thermal Sciences
- Renewable Energy Harvesting
- Corrosion Engineering
- Non-Traditional Machining
- Industrial Engineering
- Supply Chain
- Electro kinetics
- Microbial Fuel Cell Technology: Bio- Electricity and wastewater treatment, Industrial wastewater treatment and its reuse
- Composite Material: Agro- waste, Natural fiber
- Biodiesel:Waste vegetable oil based biodiesel
Application No. 202011002321, Bioelectroremediation of textile dye effluent: using cow dung and corn-cob anode.
Application No. 323304-001, Microbial fuel cell with Corn-cob anode. (Accepted and published)
- Kumar Sonu, A manuscript titled Enhanced decolorization and treatment of textile dye wastewater through adsorption on acid modified Corncob derived biochar, Chemistry Select, 5 (2020) 12287-12297 (SCI)
- Kumar Sonu, Effect of Corn Cob Derived Biochar on Microbial Electroremediation of Dye and Energy Production, Chemistry Select, 5 (2020) 9793-9798 (SCI)
- Kumar Sonu, Up-scaling microbial fuel cell systems for the treatment of real textile dye wastewater and bioelectricity recovery, International Journal of Environmental Studies, 77 (2020)692-702. (SCI)
- Kumar Sonu, Zainab Syed & Monika Sogani, Microbial Fuel Cell in Domestic Wastewater Treatment Plant – An Innovative Step towards Energy Generation and Waste Reduction, Journal of Scientific & Industrial Research, 78 (2019) 555-557 (SCI)
- Improved decolorization of dye wastewater and enhanced power output in the electrically stacked microbial fuel cells with H2O2 modified Corncob anodes, Environmental Progress (SCI)
- Kumar Sonu, Comparison of the output voltage characteristic pattern for sewage sludge, kitchen waste & cow dung in single chamber single electrode microbial fuel cell, Indian Journal for Science and Technology, 9 (2016) 1-5 (SCI)
- Alkaline Modification of Used Carbon-Rod Anodes for Restoring Power Generation by Human Urine in Microbial Fuel Cells, 1st Virtual International Conference on Advancement in Nanotechnology, September 11-12, 2020, Kingston Engineering College, Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- A Cost Effective Small Scale Microbial Fuel Cell System for Bio-electricity Generation with Simultaneous Dye Wastewater Treatment, 25th National and 3rd International ISHMT-ASTFE, Heat and Mass Transfer Conference, December 28-31, 2019, IIT Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India.
- Effect of Bio-char on Real Textile Dye Wastewater Treatment and Energy Production in a Microbial Fuel Cell, International Exergy, Energy and Environmental Symposium, July14-18, 2019, SRM, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. ISBN: 978-93-5382-239-2.
- Re-use of Solid Waste Material in Microbial Fuel Cell System for Bio-electricity Generation with Simultaneous Dye Wastewater Treatment, National Conference on Biotechnology and Environmental for Sustainable Development, March 29-30, 2019, Dr. B Lal Institute of Biotechnology, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Mr. Kumar Sonu
Mr. Pradeep Kumar Sachan
Mr. Naveen Srivastava
Mr. Prince Kumar Singh
Mr. Sachin Jain
Mr. Suraj Shah
Mr. Vikash Pandey